Welcome back, constant readers. Or semi-constant readers. Or even first-time readers. Or whomever you are.
I’m sure you’re all dying to know how the pizza appetizers turned out. In a word: excellent. Everyone seemed to really dig them… although it was a particularly sympathetic audience.
Next time, however, I’m going to do some things differently. Because the cuts were so sloppy (making for big pieces), I’m going to chop up the pre-cooked crust into smaller pieces, and then top each piece separately. I think this will make them easier to handle and more like true hors d’oeuvres.
As far as the rest of Thanksgiving dishes (made and assembled in various kitchens), here’s how it broke down:
- Turkey with gravy (natch)
- Mashed sweet potato (in hollowed-out orange halves)
- Corn bread
- Stuffing (made by a butcher, with nice pieces of sausage)
- Zucchini pie (made by Mom)
- Apple/cranberry crisp casserole
- Cooked corn
And for dessert:
- Carrot cake (another Mom specialty, pictured above)
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- Macadamia cheesecake
- Pumpkin/ginger mousse (a Mom experiment that didn’t really come together)
- Pecan/chocolate chip pie
I hope your holiday was just as tasty!